In this section you can find the answers to the most frequent questions asked by our students.

After enrolment in your chosen course, students can request a list of names for lodgings by sending an email to a Each student can contact the owner to plan visits and agree any renting conditions. Generally the lodgings available are very near the school. This service is free of charge.

Those who have studied at other schools and wish to enter the second year or advanced level of our cpurses, should send a curriculum and a portfolio of works created, a list of the exams passed or of the subjects covered in previous studies. The application will be assessed by the Administration, who will advise the student regarding the best course options. If necessary, the student may be asked to attend an interview or a practical test, to be agreed.

Enrolment in the course is only considered to be complete after pYMWNT of the amount due on enrolment (the first instalment of the total fees), as follows:
• For three month, six-month and annual courses: 1.500,00 Euro.
• For two- and three-year courses: 2.000,00 Euro.
• For short courses and seminars: 50% of the total fee.

Following deposit of the enrolment fee, the school secretaries’ office will send the student written confirmation of the enrolment and the deadlines for payment of the instalments.
Those who prefer to pay the whole course at once will have a 5% discount.

The right to withdraw from the course is valid until 30 days before the start of lessons, on payment of a sum equal to that of the enrolment fee. Notice of withdrawal must be sent to the school by registered letter.

After the above deadline students cannot withdraw from a course.

Students from outside Europe who, following enrolment, cannot obtain permission to enter Italy can either ask to maintain their enrolment with pre-emption for attendance in the two following years or request the immediate refund of 50% of the instalment paid.

Private lessons can be arranged by agreeing a timetable. Send a request by email to Online lessons are available for CAD-Rhinoceros courses.

For those wishing to stay in Italy for less than 3 months, we recommend obtaining a tourist visa. For longer stays, non-EU citizens must have an entry VISA valid for a maximum of 365 days (one year) for study.
To obtain the visa you need:

  • The documents the school sends you after enrolment
  • A valid passport
  • A form to be compiled directly at the Italian Embassy or Consulatein your own country
  • Proof that you can support yourself during studies in Italy (Bank document or credit card)
  • Health insurance

N.B. The visa cannot be issued in Italy, only at the Italian Embassy or Consulate near your city of residence.
Within 8 days of arrival in Italy, non-EU citizens must request a temporary residence permit, for which you will need the following documents:

  • Request form, to be bought at Italian post offices
  • Current valid passport or other equivalent document, with related entry visa if required
  • A photocopy of the passport itself
  • 4 identical and recent passport-size photographs
  • Documentation needed for the type of residence permit requested (school enrolment certificates for students)
  • Health insurance which covers repatriation costs and health care in the Schengen Area

The cost of the course includes lessons, teaching visits, use of the equipment in the workshops, the hours of self-learning at school, consumable materials for courses of goldsmithery, stone-setting and engraving (limited quantities of silver: see the school rules), distributions, school services (access to the school library, Internet…)

Students in the courses of goldsmithery, stone-setting and engraving should buy their own tools for personal use. Students on the design courses should buy the material for their exercises (pencils,compass, squares, colours etc.). The secretaries’ office sends a list of materials the student has to buy personally with the confirmation of enrolment.

First of all, we need a certificate from your school/university, detailing your course of study, with content, subjects, and grades achieved.

We also accept statements from artists or craftsmen where you have undergone training.

It is also very important to send a book of your work: drawings, models, jewellery, with an explanation of the techniques and materials used. You can enter as many works as you like, but be careful to choose the ones you need for the course you want to access. For example, if you want to attend the second year of goldsmithing, it is important to show that you have studied for that specialisation, and to include all the work you have done in the workshop, and of course preparatory drawings. It would not be useful to send work from another specialisation, even if it is of a good standard.

It is essential to look at what subjects are studied in our school for the first year, and to see if the subjects you studied in your school correspond to ours, or if the path is very different.

We ask these questions not to put you in difficulty, but to help you and give you advice, so that when you arrive in Florence you can fit into your group naturally and achieve the best possible results.

If you haven’t found the answers to your questions, please don’t hesitate to ask using the contacts form.